A fresh coat of paint on any surface makes it look cleaner and brighter.
Our handymen are professional decorators & can often get through an entire room in one day. Imagine having your partner walk through the door in the evening and finding the study painted! We’ll take on any painting job lasting from 5 minutes up to several days
Preparation prior to painting
As with all decorating jobs, preparation is vital and very often the most time consuming. Laying down dust sheets, masking up edges tightly and sanding down any woodwork or blemishes, all contributes to a great result but do take time to get right.
Each area to be painted presents its own set of unique problems and we prefer to use Zinsser primer paint to ensure we give the best possible foundation to lay the top coats of paint on. These are the first choice of many painting professionals (see www.zinsseruk.com) and also ensure darker colours don’t bleed through when painting a light colour over dark.
Water based paint
This will give the following choice of finishes – Matt, Flat Matt, Silk & Soft Sheen
Solvent based paint
This will give the following choice of finishes – Satin, Eggshell, Gloss & High Gloss
These cover all eventualities – Anti-mould, Floor, Metal, Radiator, Anti-climb etc
- Prepare and paint 1 x coat on cupboard door = 30 mins
- Prepare and paint 1 x coat on both sides of a wood-panelled door = 1 hour
- Prepare and paint 1 x coat on wall (2.4m high x 4m wide) = 2-3 hours
- Prepare and protect floors, walls and ceilings (medium room) = 0.5 days
- Paint 1 x coat on walls and ceiling (medium room) = 0.5 days
- Paint 1 x coat on woodwork of (medium room) = 0.5 days